"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us."
2 Corinthians 4:7 NIV

Monday, August 16, 2010

Memory Verse Monday


“Experiencing” takes “believing” to a whole new level.

I’m not suggesting we need to see in order to believe. I mean to say that we know what we truly believe when we’re forced to trust without seeing.

Here’s an example:

In regards to “believing”

I trust that God will never leave me or forsake me. I trust because I’ve read it, heard it, accepted it.

When I believe at this level, I intellectually trust I’ll never be alone.

In regards to “experiencing”

I trust that God will comfort me in a supernatural way when a loved one betrays me. I’m forced to trust because I have nowhere else to turn.

When I believe at this level, I wholeheartedly trust God to ease my loneliness.

Here’s another example:

I trust that God will meet all my needs. After all, the Bible says so in Philippians 4:19. I intellectually trust that God will take care of me.

But when the economy causes my income to dry up, I’m forced to trust that God will put food on my table and gas in my car. Will I freak out because I don’t see how I can meet expenses? Or will I truly believe my needs will be met?

Faith becomes real when it’s tested.

God wants our faith to be genuine. That’s why He constantly calls us to a deeper level of trust.

I’ve heard God say, “Okay, Shawna, you trust me for this much. Now will you trust me for this much?”

He repeats the question as He moves the bar higher and higher.

Tomorrow I will write about a friend whose “believing” recently became “experiencing”.

Today’s memory verse is the verse she posted yesterday on her facebook page.

When your faith is tested (and it will be tested) will you despair?

Or will you believe?

Today’s Memory Verse:



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails